Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Training Journal- Day 12

April 30, 2012
Warm Up- medicine ball class warm up
Solo Drills- 10 Lunges in each measure with each hand (80 total)
Partner Drills-N/A
Slow Work- 4 minute sets with the other students in the noon class
Full Speed- N/A
What Worked- body alignment felt good during the lunging drills, footwork for largissima lunges was greatly improved
What Needs Improvement- need to alter my reflex from raising my tip out of threat to shifting into a forward guard in order to control the sword.
Follow-up for Next Time- time in front of a mirror just shifting into forward guards, drill where I shift into forward guard when seeking cintrolof my opponent's sword
Other Notes- first noon class. Clint commended my chosen solo goal (feel where my measure is) and advised that things will change I combat when the measure is somewhat more fluid. Adjust drills with a focus on different striking measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment