Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What do I Want in a School? Part 1

The question has been present in my thoughts for a while.  I have a few things that have been kicking around at a conceptual level.

I want
-A store
-A training space
-An office
-A lounge
-A workshop
-Storage space
-Sword display/museum
-Library

Yes, Duello has all of this.  These elements all work nicely in the school, but there's a few ways I'd like to expand.

-A BIGGER workshop
The workshop at Duello is small and seems somewhat haphazard.  It's not a focus area for the school, and the actual space duello occupies has it's limits, so that is worth considering.  The dream workshop would have space for supplies for polishing and restoring, leatherworking, armoring, and whatever other crafty projects that staff and students may be interested in.  Should an in-house smith be a possibility?

-A classroom
The lounge at Duello serves this purpose, as well as housing the school's library.  Ideally, I'd like a space reserved for chatter and socializing, and another for learning and other scholastic pusuits.  In fact, a library/classroom may be another possibility.  Books along each wall, floor to ceiling, a small database, accessible via tablet or computer, tables and chairs arranged for individual projects, rearrange them to make a small lecture hall.

That's all or now.  I've been wanting to get this out of my mind.  But what else does a goo school need?  This much I will ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment